Rinnai is a well-known brand in the field of water heaters. Coming to the tankless water heater shows that a large number of features are integrated into them. Therefore, how to reset Rinnai tankless water has gathered a great attraction.
It comes with a function that shows an error code on the screen in case of any internal issue. This problem can be fixed when you have adequate knowledge. In this post, we would explain the resetting of the Rinnai tankless water heater for your interest. Let’s begin exploring its troubleshooting.
Error codes in Rinnai tankless water heater
Typically, Rinnai shows an error code in the form of digits that ranged between 02 and 79. Plus, error codes also include code FF, code LC-LC 9, and LC.
For factory reset purposes, Rinnai tankless water heater offers a Control-R button. It would help if you pressed this button and until the light blinks white.
How To Reset Rinnai Tankless Water
Resetting of Rinnai can be done in more than one way. We would let you know a quick and detailed procedure for this purpose. Let us begin to explore it.
- Drain the tankless water heater heat exchanger.
- Switch off the warm water tap.
- Push off and on buttons two times.
- Switch on the tap of hot water and check its flow. If the tap is supplied with warm water, you have done resetting.
- Alternatively, you need to follow this simple step multiple times.
- After repeating this procedure, the problem would be fixed.
Fixing with reset buttons
Sometimes, fixing these simple steps does not bring expected results. Therefore, Rinnai has built-in buttons for this purpose.
Error code 63 fixing
- Check the flow of water with the help of a temperature controller.
- Long press the “UP” button.
- In the very next step, push the “ON/OFF” button.
- For the flow rate of fewer than 1.3 gallons per minute, there is a need to expel the air from its system and pump.
- Detach the inlet filter and clean it perfectly.
Error code 10 fixing
- To fix error code 10, a good practice is to check the venting material. If Rinnai does not approve the material, immediately replace it with a good alternative. You can get the favor of an expert if you have zero knowledge about replacement.
- In the very next step, check the exhaust and inlet of fuel.
- Check all the venting connections. If they are not properly connected, make them perfect.
- Check the correct installation of the condensation controller. It should be properly installed and not loose.
- Now, check the working of a fan, but it should be accurate.
- The dip switch should be in good condition.
- After checking all these parts, you may get the services of an expert if code 10 persists.
Rinnai tankless water heaters produce a sound to warn you about internal leakage. In addition to water leakage, it lets you know about gas leakage and less fuel.
Maintenance of Rinnai heater
Typically, a gas water heater demands maintenance two times a year. Gas heaters like Rinnai needed more service than propane or electric heaters.
Advantages of Rinnai tankless water heater
Like other models of heaters, Rinnai comes with multiple advantages. Some common highlights are as follows;
- Rinnai comes with an error code feature for good control over the system
- It is integrated with multiple safety features that add more attraction.
- It uses natural gas or propane as fuel that saves electricity.
- The excellent control system has made it good to use. Plus, you can change the temperature according to your demand.
- Rinnai comes with a good flow rate that is very high than multiple other brands.
- It can work equally well in a place with low groundwater temperature.
- Disadvantages of Rinnai tankless water heater
- Every technology comes with some limitations. In the case of Rinnai, the most common cons are as follows;
- The size is very large, and the weight is heavy, which makes it less portable.
- All units of Rinnai are built either for indoor or outdoor installation. No unit comes with technology for both types of installation.
- Most models of Rinnai are high in price that cannot be affordable for every customer.
- You can’t use Rinnai for RV or similar places to get warm water.
- You need a wider place for its installation.
- The installation demands professional help that may cost you more.
How to maintain a Rinnai tankless water heater?
Switch off the valves of the tankless water heater.
Cut off the gas or other supplies
Locate the faucet of the pressure relief valve
Arrange a tub with a capacity of a minimum of 5 gallons and add white vinegar to it
Put a submersible pump in the bucket.
What does the priority button light show in Rinnai?
Typically, the temperature controller comes with a priority button is Rinnai. The Greenlight is a clear indication that temperature is being monitored. When the system shows this color, it means that hot water is available to use.
Plus, the absence of green color tells no hot water is present.
What does code 12 mean in Rinnai?
Code 12 in troubleshooting shows that Rinnai is suffering from the low gas flow. Moreover, it is also an indication of flame failure issues. To fix this issue, You are needed to check the meter of gas. Make sure to clear this area if obstructed.
What does code 11 indicate in the Rinnai tankless water heater?
Error code 11 in Rinnai shows that the system lacks ignition. Plus, it may show that your heater is receiving zero gas supply. To fix this issue, check if your system has some damage. The gas supply should be switched on for successful troubleshooting.
What are the advantages of a tankless water heater?
Tankless Water Heater comes with multiple advantages that have made it famous. The most famous advantages are Tankless Water Heater provides sufficient hot water in less time. You do not need to wait for long to use warm water due to its advanced technology. Its size is compact and portable that allows easy installation. It is an energy-efficient product. This type of heater only starts to warm water when you turn the faucet on. In this way, no loss of energy occurs. It comes with an LED screen that gives good control over temperature.
How to reset Rinnai tankless water has been discussed because Rinnai is a trustable brand. When someone thinks about a tankless water heater, the name Rinnai comes to mind.
After writing this post, we have found that Rinnai comes with multiple safety features. If some issues encounter this unit, these can be fixed quickly.
Moreover, all these steps are simple to follow but need good insight. So, whether you are a beginner or expert, give good attention to the resetting of Rinnai.
Every tankless water heater may suffer from small issues during routine use. Therefore, you should be smart enough to deal with all these issues yourself.