Purified Vs Distilled Water – Which One Is Better To Drink?
Water is the basic need of every individual, and without enough water, a person can’t live a healthy life. There are people who are satisfied with the distilled water, then what about purified water? Is this safe? Which one is better to use? All these questions may arise when people are not sure which one is suitable. Let us discuss what purified water is and distilled water. The debate on the topic “Purified Vs Distilled Water” will help you in selecting the best one for your good health.
WHAT IS PURIFIED WATER
Purified water is the water that is filtered or processed to remove impurities like chemicals and other contaminants. Most people use bottled water companies because they sell purified water as it is safe to drink and can still contain beneficial minerals. The best thing is that you can bring a water filtration system for your home to save an extra amount on purchasing weekly bottles.
WHAT IS DISTILLED WATER
Distilled water is basically water that is generated by heating to the boiling point. The steam of the water is passed through a cooling pipe that shrinks it back to liquid water. As we know that normal tap water, water from streams, and seawater contains dissolved solids such as salt and other minerals that may not be visible to human eyes. It causes many problems like bacteria and viruses. That’s why people supposed to use water distillers to get distilled water.
PURIFIED VS DISTILLED WATER
There is no big difference between these two terms. The only difference is that distilled water goes through the technology of distillation. Clean water undergoes through other filtration systems such as ozonation, sand filtration, reverse osmosis, or others. Both glasses of water are having advantages as well as disadvantages. Before selecting any water system, you need to be sure about it. Let’s discuss this below.
ADVANTAGES OF PURIFIED WATER
- Purified water is pure than filtered water.
- It does not dissolve solid as distilled do, but it is still known as healthy water that can be used cooking.
- Purified water is as free from the same bacterial and sponging pollution as distilled water is.
- It is free from heavy metals and other toxic components.
- It is a continuous process by using a minimum of energy-generating pure H2O.
ADVANTAGES OF DISTILLED WATER
- Distilled is also free from heavy metals and other organic and inorganic containments.
- It absorbs toxic substances.
- Distilled water is addictive free.
- Distilled water is generally tasteless and free from chlorine, unlike tap water.
- It is free from parasites, bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens.
DISADVANTAGES OF PURIFIED WATER
- Purified water lacks minerals that are important for good health.
- This water relies on removing impurities from water; it does not remove the water from contaminants.
- It includes the same water purification level that other brands have.
- If you are using purified water, then you may need mineral supplements.
- It is slightly acidic because it removes alkaline salts during the purification process.
DISADVANTAGES OF DISTILLED WATER
- Distilled water requires a lot of energy for the water that is produced.
- It is tasteless and less pleasant than spring water.
- It removes minerals that are beneficial for health.
- Distilled is acidic that is opposed to the body’s need.
- You may require a mineral supplement as it removes 90% of the minerals from the water.
WHICH ONE IS BETTER, PURIFIED WATER OR DISTILLED
As I have discussed above that, there is not a big difference between these two terms. The purified water contaminants effective, and on the other hand, distillation works the opposite way.
Now, you might be thinking which one is best? There are many people who are satisfied with the purified water, while others prefer the security of distilled. The process of Distilled is much more satisfying than purified water. Boiling the water into vapor and then freezing the steam back into the water is a healthier and safer way to remove uncleanness.
Still, distilled water is not perfect. It has many negative aspects to it. Some of them include:
- Distilled water dissolves your mineral that passes through the urine. It is one of the most significant losses that everyone can face.
- People avoid ingesting by drinking distilled water.
- Distilled water does not include electrolytes that are available in purified water.
- If you are detoxing, then distilled water will help you to flush away the toxins in your blood and digestive system. But it is sometimes harmful to many individuals.
IS DISTILLED WATER SAFE?
Let’s answer the question that is it safe to drink distilled water? Yes, it is. In fact, distilled water is expected to be more healthy than the water comes from the tap. Many people also use distilled water to boil their vegetables.
Most of the time, it is good to use purified water for your good health; if you are worried about selecting the best water from these two, then don’t forget to choose purified water.
If you are a bit more on your budget, then you should buy a weekly purified water bottle to be healthy and fresh. You can use this water while washing vegetables and while cooking. Whatever your decision is, just be sure about your decision because not everyone is satisfied with the filtration system. So, what are you waiting for?